The NCVMA Industry Council seeks to establish and enhance open communication between members of the association and industry representatives. The primary purpose is to help achieve the stated goals of the NCVMA and to benefit both the state association and the industry that supports it.
GOALS OF COUNCIL
- Improve awareness between NCVMA members and Industry of mutual benefits.
- Communicate support that Industry can give to the NCVMA in achievement of their goals.
- Create a platform for Industry to offer constructive comments to the NCVMA on their programs and activities.
- To increase participation in and support for the NCVMA meetings by increasing attendance and increasing the value available for veterinarians and Industry.
Board of Governors-Consists of seven paying members appointed from participating companies, attendance required at all meetings, two-year term. The initial board will contain three members that serve a one-year term in order to ensure continuity. At the end of one year, three board members that will serve two years will replace them. No more than one individual per company.
Chair-Responsible for conducting all meetings, communicating with the membership, and coordinating representation at NCVMA Board meetings, one-year term.
Secretary/Treasurer-Responsible for recording and disseminating minutes of meetings and collecting fees, two-year term.
BENEFITS (VALUE) OF MEMBERSHIP
- Participation in the improvement of the NCVMA meetings.
- Receipt of the quarterly newsletters.
- Recognition to members by the NCVMA through various channels such as:
- Association publications
- Conventions special ribbon and table sign
REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERSHIP
- Participation as a sponsor or exhibitor at one or more NCVMA meetings in prior 12 months (or advertising support of equal dollar amount).
ANNUAL DUES - $100 per individual. (The proceeds will be used solely to pay administrative expenses and to support events/prizes at the NCVMA meetings.)