The NCVMA proposes to budget $25,000 to be distributed each year to qualified organizations who promote community service as well as compassion and health for the people and animals of North Carolina. The $25,000 budget will support up to 5 grants of $5000/each per year.
REQUIREMENTS FOR GRANT AWARD:
- Must have some degree of veterinary involvement from an NCVMA member.
- Must be educational.
- Must benefit the people and animals of North Carolina.
- May be awarded to public or private organization.
- The award can be used to qualify for matching funds from another organization.
- Awarded organization is required to submit a progress report including financial statement by November 23rd of the year awarded to explain success or failure of program awarded. This may accompany a renewal application.
- Awarded organization is eligible but not guaranteed for repeated grant award with application. Preference in selection will be given with adequate demonstration of success and fiscal responsibility.
- Grant applications must be submitted in writing by November 23rd for awarding by January 5 of the following year. Review will be completed by committee and may include on site visit if applicable.